Thursday 10 March 2016

Week 6 in Room 16

Our letter of the week this week has been K. We know it starts words like king, kitten, koala, kiwi, and we have two people in our class whose names start with  k - Kayde and Kymaani!
 On Friday we made kites but we were a little sad that they couldn't fly, so Mrs Evans asked her boy Cameron to bring a kite to school. He did! We had lots of fun holding the end of the string and watching the kite dance in the wind. The wind was really strong and it whipped the string out of Kymaani's hand! We watched the kite sail away over Rugby Park. Thank goodness it came down and Cameron was able to run and get it!   
Here are some photos of Cameron with the kite.

5 comments:

  1. Kymaani told me all about this when he got home from school that day. He told me he let go of the string and I was slightly alarmed because I thought he did it on purpose. So glad Cameron got his kite back! It was great kite flying weather. Kymaani was really inspired. He wants one for his birthday now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora, Room 16 Its Richard here. I look like you had a great time playing with the kite. This reminds me of the time I let my kite go so high and then wind stop and it got stuck in a tree but my dad got it out again. Where on rugby park did it land?
    From Richard

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia Ora room 16.Its Kalani from greymain school.I really like your blog post i also really like flying kites i think they are really cool.But maybe next time you could add a couply more photo's of you flying your awsoume kites.But aprt from that i love your blog post.Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete